Make a claim for money you’re owed

Make a claim for money you’re owedYou can take court action against someone if they owe you money and won’t pay you back.

Disputes over money can be lengthy and expensive. Going to court to try and get your money back should be a last resort. Other options you can try first include:

  • writing to the person or business you are in dispute with
  • using an alternative such as mediation to resolve the dispute

In any event, if you are unsure of how to proceeed with a dispute it is always wise to seek legal advice.

If you decide to pursue your claim through the courts, you can use this secure, online tool to issue a claim: Money claim online >>>

To access Money Claim online, you will need a Government Gateway account.

What does the * mean?

If a link has a * this means it is an affiliate link. To find out more, see our FAQs.